Ten changes Dr. Kinsella made that have helped reduce resentment and restore a sense of control, engagement and gratitude in his clinical practice.
- Patients complete a card with three questions for the doctor.
- The two-minute rule. No interruption for 2 minutes with patient
- I reassure that the patient is in the right place for their medical concern.
- Optimize the EMR’s strengths.
- I end all encounters with the question: “Is there anything else I can help you with today?”
- Close the encounter before the patient leaves the room.
- I often finish with a request: “May I give you a hug?”
- If the patient is smiling at the end of the encounter, I will encourage them to complete the survey.
- I maintain resilience for the demands of practice with an intensive regimen of exercise.
WHAT is TL:DR?
It is a new series by Paragon Private Health Staff to distill some of our favorite stories from around the MD web! TL:DR is an internet response to Too Long : Didn’t Read… in other words… summarize please, I don’t have time!