Place Category: Paragon Physician
About Dr. Avanes
Dr. Emil Avanes, MD is a primary care physician at Harmony Health in Glendale, California. He promised himself he would practice primary care medicine in his hometown long before he ever attended medical school.
After completing his training, Dr. Avanes sought out employment that would allow him to connect with patients in a meaningful way. Seeing few opportunities to achieve that goal in the complex world of modern medicine, he set out to create the ideal healthcare practice. After many hours of planning and designing that vision, he named it Harmony Health.
Dr. Avanes completed an undergraduate degree at Duke University and studied at Chicago Medical School. He completed his residency training at Harbor-UCLA Medical Center. He’s a diplomate of the American Board of Internal Medicine and the Los Angeles County Medical Association District 2 president.
As an active member of the community, he is also a committee member of the Glendale Community College Health Advisory and the Glendale Adventist Medical Center HIM/UM. He is affiliated with local hospitals, including Glendale Adventist Medical Center, Glendale Memorial Hospital and Health Center, and USC Verdugo Hills Hospital.
Dr. Avanes is passionate about connecting with patients in a genuine, caring manner. He is proud to serve the men and women of Glendale and enrich the community by helping individuals get well and stay well.
- Office visits & medical care – As covered by Insurance, Medicare, Medicaid, out-of-pocket cash, etc.
- Executive-level exam (A comprehensive executive annual physical examination (This examination is in addition to, and includes services not provided as part of, the initial Medicare preventive physical and annual wellness visit and any similar services covered by private insurance plans.)
- Direct physician communication outside normal practice hours, via cell phone or text
- Same day/next day office visits
- On-time office visits with minimal to no wait
- Longer, unhurried visits
- Personalized healthy living and wellness plan – general diet, exercise, stress relief (not covered by Medicare or other insurance plans)
- Refill and referral requests handled same day
- Enhanced support, guidance, and coordination of care during/after hospitalizations
- Paperwork and documentation filled out by physician with no charges
- Detailed reports and information forwarded to consultants prior to your visit with
- Review and discussion of consultations and procedure reports
- Dedicated concierge medicine staff member to help coordinate care
- Assistance with appointments for sub-specialists and testing