Place Category: Paragon Physician
Jeffrey R. Kaplan, M.D. was born in Geneva, Switzerland where his father worked for the World Health Organization. Dr. Kaplan graduated with an International Baccalaureate from the International School (1974).
Moving to London, England he studied biology and medicine, obtaining a BSc (with honors) in zoology from King’s College, London (1978) and MBBS from St Bartholomew’s Hospital Medical College (1982).
Following medical and surgical ‘house jobs’ (internships) in Plymouth and Hastings, England he worked as a Resident at the American Hospital in Paris, France (1983).
Wishing to pursue further medical education in the U.S., Dr. Kaplan was accepted and completed his residency in Internal Medicine in Canton, Ohio (1984-7). On visiting his brother in Baltimore (currently a Professor of Neurology at Johns Hopkins) he was attracted by the setting and purchased his first house in Federal Hill in 1989, where he still resides.
Dr. Kaplan is certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine since 1988, and has run his own solo Internal Medicine practice in Ellicott City since 2002.
He joined MedChi, the Maryland State Medical Society, where he served on the Board. He also served as Chair of the Medical Economics Council, the International Medical Graduate Section and the Public Health Committee.
His interests include soccer, travel, music and European political history.
My Personalized Program Benefits
- Office visits & medical care( As covered by insurance, Medicare, Medicaid, out-of-pocket cash, etc.)
- Executive-level exam -A comprehensive executive annual physical examination (This examination is in addition to, and includes services not provided as part of, the initial Medicare preventive physical and annual wellness visit and any similar services covered by private insurance plans).
- Direct physician communication outside normal practice hours, via cell phone
- Same day/next day office visits
- Unhurried, on-time office visits with minimal to no wait
- Refill and referral requests handled within 24 hours
- Paperwork and documentation completed by physician with no charges
- Assistance with appointments for sub-specialists and testing
- Detailed reports and information forwarded to consultants prior to your visit with the consultant
- Review and discussion of consultations and procedure reports
- Enhanced support, guidance, and coordination of care during/after hospitalizations
- Health and wellness educational seminars