Place Category: Paragon Physician
Dr Aruna Nathan is a board certified Internal Medicine and Lifestyle Medicine physician practicing in Montgomery County, Maryland since 1998.
In 2017, she became one of the first physicians in the country to be board certified in Lifestyle Medicine, a new specialty that uses evidence based lifestyle therapeutic approaches to prevent treat and often reverse chronic diseases that are prevalent in modern society.
While receiving her training at MedStar Union Memorial Hospital in Baltimore, she served as a Chief Resident in the Department of Medicine. She has won a number of awards for her work in medicine, including the John H. Mulholland Research Award for Outstanding Research.
After her training, she worked in a private practice where she oversaw patient care at Shady Grove Adventist and Suburban Hospitals. She started her own Primary Care practice in 2001 focusing on management of chronic complex medical conditions in adults. In 2007, she joined Wellness Medical Center as managing partner. Currently she has her own internal medicine practice where she focuses on primary care serving patients from Maryland, DC and Northern Virginia. She also maintains active privileges at Suburban Hospital in Bethesda.
Her practice motto is “Effective healthcare and transparency in medical management incorporating proven scientific data”
She has been nominated by her patients and received the Patients’ Choice Award and Compassionate Doctor Recognition on multiple occasions. She is also listed in the directory of America’s Top Physicians by the Consumer Research Council of America, is included in the directory of The Leading Physicians of the World (International Association of Internists), and listed as Top 10 Internists by the American Registry. In 2017, Washingtonian magazine listed her as a Top Doctor based on nomination and selection by her peers.
“At the age of 75, I have been attended by many an excellent physician. I must say that Dr. Nathan is a rare find! Dr. Nathan is a thorough analyst, an accurate diagnostician, and a competent doctor that sincerely addresses the health needs of the whole person. One’s confidence in her abilities is well founded as she resolves issues, sometimes with research and/or coordination with other specialists. Her friendly demeanor makes every office visit a pleasant experience.” – R. Tussing, Electronics Engineer
“Dr. Nathan and her staff are consummate professionals, courteous, informative and clearly responsive to questions. They always give the patients professional and personal attention to all their health” – C. Baron
- Office visits & medical care
As covered by Insurance, Medicare, Medicaid, out-of-pocket cash, etc.
- Executive-level exam
A comprehensive executive annual physical examination (This examination is in addition to, and includes services not provided as part of, the initial Medicare preventive physical and annual wellness visit and any similar services covered by private insurance plans.)
- Direct physician communication outside practice hours, via cell phone or text
- Same day or next day office visits
- Unhurried, on-time office visits with minimal to no wait
- Nutrition counseling with cooking lessons, recipes, and healthy eating courses
- Weekly mindfulness sessions
- Lifestyle & integrative medical alternatives along with internal medicine approaches
- Refill and referral requests handled same day when received during normal practice hours
- Enhanced support, guidance, and coordination of care during/after hospitalizations
- Paperwork and documentation filled out by physician with no charges
- Detailed reports/information sent to consultants prior to your visit with consultant
- Review and discussion of consultation and procedure reports
- Scheduling of appointments with sub-specialists, testing, and hospitals
- Coordination of care as deemed medically necessary
- Health events including Walk With A Doc and educational seminars
- Secure internet patient portal
- In-Home Visits (As deemed medically necessary by Dr. Nathan) – Gold Program Only
- Office visits & medical care