Place Category: Paragon Physician
Dr. Rothenberg is board-certified physician in Internal Medicine and Rheumatology. He has been recognized for over 30 years as a Top Doctor in Washingtonian Magazine. Throughout his career, Dr. Rothenberg has contributed his vast medical knowledge and clinical training by teaching, participating in clinical trials, and publishing in peer-reviewed journals and National Institute of Health. He remains on consulting staff at Suburban Hospital, an affiliate of John Hopkins Medical Center.
He currently serves as the chairman of the following organizations: DC Medical Society Rheumatology Section, Advisory Board Lupus Foundation of Greater Washington, and Arthritis Foundation of Greater Washington. He was the Fellowship Award for Research at the Lupus Foundation and achievement awards for the Fibromyalgia Association of Greater Washington and Arthritis Foundation of Washington. Always an active member in his community, he has held several leadership roles in medical societies, such as DC Rheumatology Association, Jacobi Association, Rheumatism Society of DC, Lupus Foundation of Greater Washington, National Fibromyalgia Partnership, and Capital Physicians Network.
Dr. Rothenberg’s practice emphasizes treatment of multi-system comprehensive internal medicine and preventative care. He does this by optimizing patients’ health, minimizing disease and helping them reach their most functional ability. His approach to preventative care has kept most of his patients out of the hospital and significantly improved their ability to function through comprehensive good health practices. Dr. Rothenberg has special interests in treating patients with fibromyalgia syndrome, musculoskeletal pain, systemic lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, gout, hypermobile joint syndrome, difficult to diagnose and treat rheumatology and internal medicine patients.
Personalized Care Concierge Medicine Benefits Include:
- 24×7 direct physician access, which reduces costly and time-consuming urgent care or ER visits, via Dr. Rothenberg’s cell phone, email and call service.
- Same day or next day unhurried office visits with minimal or no waiting and enough time allocated to properly evaluate and treat complex medical conditions and multiple diagnoses.
- An annual comprehensive executive preventive care physical examination to include an integrated health approach that incorporates Dr. Rothenberg’s clinical experience in primary care and rheumatology to develop a customized treatment plan.
- Personalized health and wellness education, conducted by Dr. Rothenberg and his nurse, focused on your life goals and improved function, including general diet, exercise, management of stress and weight management
- Confidential portal (online site) access for records, results and direct email with Dr. Rothenberg.
- Staff facilitation of appointments with specialists and other health care practitioners utilizing Dr. Rothenberg’s extensive personal provider network.
- Detailed reports and information forwarded to consultants.
- Discussion of consultation and procedure reports.
- Dr. Rothenberg will maintain a staff position at Suburban Hospital as well as a good professional rapport with their hospitalists to coordinate your care. Review of hospitalizations and clinical implications.
- Our office will submit insurance claim paperwork on your behalf, including Medicare. Although the practice is non-participating in Medicare and other health insurances, we will have complete access to the Medicare and health insurances’ networks of physicians.
For more information on Dr. Rothenberg and his concierge care program, please visit his website at www.russellrothenbergmd.com or call (301) 571-2273 to enroll or to receive additional information. A limited number of memberships are available in his concierge healthcare program on a first-come, first-served basis.
‘What sets Dr. Rothenberg apart is that the medicine that he practices is transformative. He has improved my quality of life and my level of productivity in amazing ways. As I write this, I realize that I can never fully convey in wordswhat a difference Dr. Rothenberg has made in my life. I am incredibly blessed to have him as my partner in health care, and in transforming my senior years to years of possibility I never could have imagined or achieved without Dr. Rothenberg as my doctor.’
– Helen S.
‘Dr. Rothenberg is everything you want in a doctor. Knowledgeable, intelligent, caring, and available. He is a dying breed. A solo practitioner with no bureaucracy between you and the doctor. ‘
– Sallyann S.
‘I think Dr. Rothenberg is wonderful. My wife and I have both been patients for over 10 years. When you go to see Dr. Rothenberg, you actually spend time with him and this is not always a benefit that you receive at other physicians’ practices. Dr. Rothenberg not only is great at following up with us on medical issues but is also very proactive with our care. He will call us between office visits to make sure we doing okay and makes sure that we are staying on top of the treatment plan that he created for us. We are very lucky to have him as our physician.’
– Ryland M.
‘I have been a patient of Dr. Rothenberg for over 30 years. I feel very comfortable with him and he has seen me through two major health crises in my life. Because he takes his time and follows up on his patients, he was able to diagnose a serious condition that I would have never known I had. If you need a great general practitioner, he is the one to go to.’
– Rosalie W.
I am a nurse so I want my doctor to be attentive and give excellent care. After my daughter and myself interviewed Dr. Rothenberg, I knew he was the right doctor for me. For the past 37 years, he has taken care of my entire family. As a result, he is able to recognize the health problems that run in our family. Everything he has done has been right on the money! He is patient, takes his time and will actually examine you. Now that I am 84 years old, I take only one medication because of Dr. Rothenberg’s focus on preventive care.
– Julie P.
Dr. Rothenberg is compassionate, organized, focuses on the patient first, and has endless patience. He is the most unique doctor that I have ever met. My whole family has been a patient of Dr. Rothenberg for over 37 years and the past 15 years, we have traveled over 4 hours to our appointments and haven’t missed one yet. He is awesome as he was the first physician to help me stabilize my weight with his focus on diet as well as time spent on managing my overall health. Because he takes the time to personally follow up with our specialists and each of us individually. he has kept my whole family out of the hospital.
– Beverly P.S.