Place Category: Paragon Physician
Dr. Gnatt is board-certified in internal medicine, with certifications including Advanced Cardiac Life Support Provider and Instructor from the American Heart Association. An experienced medical lecturer and a published writer; he has held academic positions at Columbia University, Georgetown University School of Medicine and George Washington University School of Medicine, teaching medical students in the inpatient and outpatient setting.
Dr. Gnatt is a 1982 graduate of the University of Maryland School of Medicine. He received his post-graduate internal medicine residency training at York Hospital in York, PA. In addition to his ongoing commitment to continuing medical education in general internal medicine, he has expanded his medical skills in post-graduate training with the New York Milton H. Erickson Society for Psychotherapy and Hypnosis Curriculum, the Herbal Medicine Courses at Columbia University, Integrative Medicine Courses with Dr. Andrew Weil and others, level 2 Reiki training with Pamela Miles, Critical Care Medicine with CBC, and training in Allergy with AAAAI and Dr. Dean Mitchell. Dr. Gnatt has more than 30 years practice experience.
After practicing primary care from 1985 to 2008 first in Virginia, then in New York City, Dr. Gnatt practiced as a hospitalist in Maryland, first in Easton, then in Rockville. Dr. Gnatt returned to primary care in 2010, first with Johns Hopkins Community Physicians, then establishing his private practice with Gnatt Medical Associates in 2010.
Primary care, and building relationships with patients, has always been Dr. Gnatt’s mission. He believes the relationships he establishes with patients is essential to delivering the highest level of medical care.
The emphasis on the doctor-patient relationship is a hallmark of Dr. Gnatt’s transition to concierge medicine. As his practice grew over the years, given the demands of the healthcare system, it became increasingly challenging to spend the time with each patient needed to thoroughly address each patient’s concern. Cutting that time – just treating the symptom and moving on to the next person – ran contrary to the way he believes medicine should be practiced. Therefore, he is now offering a membership program which provides more time with each patient, direct access to Dr. Gnatt and more proactive care with an emphasis on prevention and wellness.
Personalized Care Concierge Medicine Benefits:
For more information on Dr. Gnatt’s concierge primary care program, please visit his website at www.drmichaelgnatt.com or call (301) 822-4585 to enroll or to receive additional information. A limited number of memberships are available in his concierge healthcare program on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Same day or next day unhurried office visits with extended visit times
- 24×7 direct physician access via cell phone and patient portal
- Boutique sized practice allowing more personalized in-depth attention
- Enhanced support, guidance and coordination of care during hospitalizations
- Ongoing review and compilation of reports from other providers, continuously updating your centralized complete medical record
- Venipuncture and lab testing available by appointment; not just at the time of office visit
- Dedicated medical staff provide responsive, concierge level support to address your needs
- Staff facilitation of appointments with specialists and other health care practitioners utilizing Dr. Gnatt’s extensive select provider network.
- Refill and referral requests handled same day
- Scheduled phone consultations available for acute needs during normal office hours.
- Telemedicine consultation available when office visit is not possible
- Health and wellness newsletter including new developments and topics of interest
- An annual executive-level comprehensive physical, personalized to each patient’s specific needs, to include:
- Complete medical history with thorough evaluation of symptoms and concerns
- Medication and Supplement review with Drug Interaction Report
- Nutritional Assessment
- Environmental medical assessment to identify and remove toxins and hazards
- Exploration of sources of stress, triggers of illness, and barriers to wellness
- Exploration of alternative treatment options, including Herbal Medicine and Nutritional Supplementation
- Review of diagnoses and recommendations of all treating providers
- Comprehensive age-appropriate physical examination
- Weight and Body Composition
- Functional, Fitness and Cognitive Assessment
- Cardiovascular Screening and Prevention
- Cancer Screening and Prevention
- Pulmonary Function Testing
- Review of all lab and test results
- Referrals to specialists as needed for optimal care
- Develop personalized wellness plan focused on your health goals and comprehensive treatment plan addressing acute and chronic medical problems.
Patient Testimonials“Dr. Gnatt is a gem. As my parent’s caretakers, he and I worked as a team. He respected our concerns and took the extra time to actually listen to them with an open mind. He is open to new ideas and is happy to review them with you and offer his expert opinion without talking down to us. My parents and I have never felt so appreciated as a patient as we have with Dr. Gnatt. After many years with other doctors, we are so happy to have found one that cares about us on a deeper level.” – Rachel S.“ After my previous doctor retired, I felt like I wouldn’t find another doctor I could connect to. I interviewed three other doctors before getting that familiar warm fuzzy feeling from Dr. Gnatt. I was taken with how much time he spent with me, being very thorough and never rushing. Dr. Gnatt is younger than many of the other doctors I checked out, but he has enough dust-on-the bottle that I feel like I’m getting seasoned, knowledgeable, and trusted care. I rave about him and his staff any chance I get, especially Sophie!” – Bobbie G.