Place Category: Paragon Physician
Washingtonian “Top Doctor” 2014-2018
Dr. Esterowitz grew up in Springfield, VA. She graduated from Brown University with a degree in Biology. She received her medical degree from Eastern Virginia Medical School and, while there, she was elected to Alpha Omega Alpha, the medical school honor society. She completed her residency in Internal Medicine at the University of Maryland and then became an Assistant Professor of Internal Medicine at Eastern Virginia Medical School from 2000 to 2006.
While on the faculty there she enjoyed teaching and training medical students and residents in addition to seeing patients in the school’s Internal Medicine private practice. She is board certified in Internal Medicine and joined RIMG in November 2006. Her areas of interest include preventive care, cardiovascular well-being, and women’s health. She believes in listening to and supporting her patients as well as teaching them to be active in their care. After hours she enjoys spending time with her husband and three children and playing tennis.
My philosophy for patient care involves being a good listener, showing the patient that I care, being thorough and detailed with regard to their symptoms or preventive care, and teaching them about their health and their medical problems. Once the patient is armed with that knowledge they can then go on to partner with me to maximize their health.
Concierge Medicine Benefits Include:
- Same day or next day appointments and unhurried office visits with minimal waiting
- Direct physician access via cell phone and patient portal email
- An annual comprehensive physical examination.* This executive-level service includes the following:
- Diet and exercise assessment
- Development of personalized plan to reduce or modify medication for chronic conditions
- Health and wellness education, exploring sources of stress and thereby developing personalized goals
- Environmental medical assessment to identify safety hazards
- Exploration of alternative conservative treatment options
- Enhanced support, guidance, and coordination of care during hospitalizations
“Dr. Esterowitz is a warm and caring doctor. She never rushes through an appointment. She knows her medicine and seeks input from other doctors if something doesn’t seem right to her. I always feel confident that my health issues are well understood and properly handled under her care.”
“ Love, love, love Dr. Esterowitz. I have been going to her for the past 4 years and I never feel rushed. She actually cares about what I have to say and questions I have. I actually recommend her to anyone who asks and those that do not.”