Place Category: Paragon Physician
Jeffrey A. Buckner, MD
Jeffrey A. Buckner, M.D. is board certified in internal medicine, hematology and addiction medicine. He is passionate about the care he provides every patient and is convinced there is a direct correlation between the time he spends with patients and their individual health outcomes.
Because of his passion and conviction, Dr. Buckner made a decision in early 2019 to transition the primary care portion of his practice to a concierge medicine model. The concierge model of care is personalized to each patient’s health needs and provides Dr. Buckner with unhurried time during each office visit.
Dr. Buckner continues to see hematology patients in a traditional care model. His hematology focus is on non-malignant diseases; anemia, bruising, thrombosis in general and impacting fertility, other coagulation problems, and cell number abnormalities.
He believes in effective communication and collaboration with his patients. Dr. Buckner seeks to determine an approach and treatment plan that are in the patient’s best interest, and have their full acceptance and understanding. He has strong relationships with a wide circle of preferred specialists throughout the city to whom he can refer. He has developed expertise in pain control, and treats a limited number of patients suffering from opiate addiction – adopting an individualized approach.
In 1978 he became a doctor of medicine at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai. He completed his residency in internal medicine at New York University Langone Medical Center in 1981. His fellowship in hematology and oncology was earned in 1986 at Memorial Sloan-Kettering. Dr. Buckner is a member of the American Society of Hematology and the American Society of Addiction Medicine. He has been named the Clarence Haskell Scholar by the Leukemia Society of America.
Personalized Care Concierge Medicine Benefits:
- Executive-level exam
A comprehensive executive annual physical examination (This examination is in addition to, and
includes services not provided as part of, the initial Medicare preventive physical and annual wellness
visit and any similar services covered by private insurance plans.)
- Direct physician communication outside practice hours, via cell phone or text
- Same day or next day office visits
- Unhurried, on-time office visits, with minimal to no wait
- Telemedicine Visits – Secure video or audio health consultations
- Personalized healthy living and wellness plans – general diet, exercise, stress relief
(not covered by Medicare or insurance)
- Refill and referral requests handled same day when received during normal practice hours
- Enhanced support, guidance, and coordination of care during/after hospitalizations
- Paperwork and documentation filled out by physician with no charges
- Detailed reports/information sent to consultants prior to your visit with consultant
- Review and discussion of consultation and procedure reports
- Assistance with appointments with sub-specialists, testing, and hospitals
- Coordination of care as deemed medically necessary
- Educational health seminars
- Secure internet patient portal
- In-Home Visits – When deemed appropriate by the physician, they may make house calls that are not medically necessary (that is, not covered by Medicare or regular private insurance).
For more information on Dr. Buckner and his concierge care program, please visit his website at www.bucknermd.com or call (212) 689-0040 to enroll or to receive additional information. A limited number of memberships are available in his concierge healthcare program on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Executive-level exam