Place Category: Paragon Physician
DR. TANYA ADAMS, D.O.
Board Certified in Family Medicine
Health and wellness are always our goal at Setauket Primary Medical Care, and Dr. Adams and her team of allied medical professionals strive to promote a lifestyle that supports our patients’ health. We help patients recognize their individual needs and work with them to incorporate healthful habits into their daily routine.
In addition to primary care, Dr. Adams offers non-invasive facial rejuvenation procedures to help her patients look their best. Addiction treatment services are offered to patients seeking recovery in the battle with substance abuse. And for patients seeking relief from chronic pain and the symptoms of many chronic diseases, Dr Adams welcomes you to discuss alternatives to traditional medications.
” I have had the privilege of serving the Setauket and surrounding communities including Stony Brook, Port Jefferson, Mt. Sinai, Miller Place, Rocky Point, Sound Beach, Coram, Selden, Centereach, Patchogue, Medford, and other Long Island communities since 2003.
As a family practitioner, I always tailor patient care to the individual’s needs. Together, we will find ways to incorporate healthful choices into your daily routine. My staff and I incorporate standards of care and consistently strive to meet and exceed these standards in ways that patients can easily understand and achieve. We see our role as patient educators; a part of the continuum to your journey of optimal health. As your primary care physician, my staff and I aim to approach each patient in a holistic manner, and we seek to coordinate their care to achieve the best outcomes. Let us help guide you towards your personal best health.”
- Office visits & medical care – As covered by insurance, Medicare, Medicaid, out-of-pocket cash, etc.
- Executive-level exam – A comprehensive executive annual physical examination (This examination is in addition to, and includes services not provided as part of, the initial Medicare preventive physical and annual wellness visit and any similar services covered by private insurance plans.)
- Direct physician communication outside normal practice hours, via cell phone or text
- Same day/next day office visits
- Unhurried, on-time office visits with minimal to no wait
- Personalized healthy living and wellness plan – general diet, exercise, stress relief (not covered by Medicare or other insurance plans)
- Refill and referral requests handled same day
- Enhanced support, guidance, and coordination of care during/after hospitalizations
- Paperwork and documentation filled out by physician with no charges
- Detailed reports and information forwarded to consultants prior to your visit with the consultant
- Review and discussion of consultations and procedure reports
- Assistance with appointments for sub-specialists and testing
- Coordination of care as deemed medically necessary
- Educational health seminars
- Virtual visitation – remote visits via secure video website/app (Available in early 2019)
- $200 Gift certificate towards any cosmetic procedure – Fully transferable to friends and family