Place Category: Paragon Physician
Dr. James Long is a board certified physician in Internal and Obesity Medicine. He has been practicing in Northern Virginia for 17 years. Before his career in medicine, Dr. Long served in the Navy where he was deployed during Operation Desert Storm. Upon his return, he entered East Carolina Medical School to begin earning his medical degree. Dr. Long completed his residency in Georgetown University Medical Center in 2000. He then made northern Virginia his home and started practicing internal medicine. He currently is a Diplomat of the American Board of Internal Medicine and a Fellow of the American College of Physicians. Dr. Long has had advanced training Bio Identical Hormone Implantation, Age Management Medicine, and has been trained in advanced techniques in Aesthetic Medicine
Dr. Long was awarded as a Top Doctor in the Washingtonian, Northern Virginia Magazine, Paychecks, and Castle Connelly listings. He has been on the clinical faculty of the George Washington University School of Medicine and is currently on the clinical faculty of the Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine. He has served on the Utilization Management and Quality Assurance Committees for the North-East Region of Tricare for the past decade.
Dr. Long values the doctor-patient relationship and understands that superior health can only be obtained through a collaborative effort between the doctor and patient. He feels that a patient is best served when the patient is best informed and this cannot happen in the current, traditional medicine model. His true love is improving patient health through patient education and motivation to make positive changes to effect positive health outcomes. He understands that fragmented care is the cause of some of the worst outcomes in the current system and believes that as an Internist, he should be the hub of health care for the patient, participating in all aspects of patient care.
Personalized Care Concierge Medicine Benefits:
For more information on Dr. Long and his concierge care program, please visit his website at www.DrJamesLong.com or call (703) 888-2565 to enroll or to receive additional information. A limited number of memberships are available in his concierge healthcare program on a first-come, first-served basis.
- 24×7 direct physician access via cell phone and patient portal email which reduces urgent care or ER visits
- Same day or next day unhurried office visits with minimal waiting with your personal physician
- An annual executive-level physical, which includes the following:
- Complete medical history and thorough evaluation/review of all medications
- Comprehensive preventive care examination to include:
- Weight and Body Composition
- Functional Fitness and Dietary Supplementation Review
- Nutritional Assessment
- Review of all lab and test results
- Extended time and follow up with personal physician to develop customized treatment plan
- Personalized healthy living and wellness plan – general diet, exercise, stress and smoking cessation
- Dedicated concierge medicine staff member to help coordinate care
- Ability to schedule phone consultations for mild acute needs during normal office hours.
- Refill and referral requests handled same day
- Detailed reports and information forwarded to consultants prior to your visit with the consultant
- Discussion of consultation and procedure reports
- Review of hospitalizations and clinical implications
- Topical material on health and wellness
- Assistance with appointments for sub-specialists and testing as medically necessary