Place Category: Paragon Physician
Tessa Cholmondeley, MD
Join My Practice
Gwilym Parry, MD
Join My Practice
Dr. Tessa Cholmondeley’s Bio
A long-time resident of the Washington Metropolitan area, Dr. Tessa Cholmondeley has been in private practice in Reston, VA since 1991. She graduated at the age of 20 from Oberlin College with a BA in biology and then earned her medical degree, graduating as a “Scholar in Medicine”, from the University of Connecticut. She completed her internship and residency at the George Washington University Hospital, where she was selected to be the Fellow in Internal Medicine for an additional year. Following the completion of her residency, Dr. Cholmondeley began private practice in Reston. She has pursued her first love which is the primary care of adults and teens. She has been Board Certified in Internal Medicine and is a member of the American College of Physicians, the American Medical Association, and the Medical Society of Virginia. Dr. Cholmondeley has undertaken additional training and is a Certified Clinical Densitrometrist. She is a recipient of multiple AMA Physician Recognition Awards for her continuing medical education and has been selected by her peers as a Washingtonian Magazine “Top Doctor” on multiple occasions. Dr. Cholmondeley is affiliated with Reston Hospital.Dr. Cholmondeley is compassionate and empathetic to the needs of her patients and is committed to their comprehensive care. She is skilled in the management of hypertension, diabetes, and obesity. Additionally, Dr. Cholmondeley has extensive experience and knowledge in bone health, cancer screenings, and travel medicine. She is passionate in her proactive approach to preventive health and encourages her patients to lead healthy lives. She establishes collaborative relationships with her patients so they feel comfortable sharing all their concerns with her. Dr. Cholmondeley is excited to continue providing personalized and meaningful care to her patients. She has a keen ability to coordinate care, to help patients understand and make informed decisions in the context of their health concerns. Dr. Cholmondeley is excited to continue providing personalized and meaningful care to her patients in this new format.
Dr. Gwilym Parry’s Bio
Dr. Gwilym Parry has been a fixture in the medical field in Reston, VA for over 30 years. He started his journey with the Reston Medical Group and then began private practice when he formed Medical Associates of Reston in 1987. Dr. Parry is a graduate of the University of Denver where he received his BS degree in psychology. In 1981 he earned his medical degree from the University of Colorado School of Medicine. He completed his internship at Georgetown Medical Service and DC General Hospital. He was the Chief Resident of Internal Medicine at Baystate Medical Center (Tufts University) from 1983-1986. He has been a member of the American Board of Internal Medicine since 1987. Dr. Parry has been awarded several recognition awards including “Top Doctors” by Washingtonian Magazine.
Personalized Care Concierge Medicine Benefits
- 24×7 direct physician access after hours, via cell phone and/or text messaging, which reduces urgent care or ER visits
- Same day or next day, unhurried, on-time office visits with minimal or no waiting
- An annual executive-level physical, which includes the following:
- Complete medical history and thorough evaluation/review of all medications
- Comprehensive preventive care examination including: EKG, Spirometry, Body Fat Analysis and Audiometry
- Review of all lab and test results
- Personalized healthy living and wellness plan – general diet, exercise, stress and smoking cessation
- Refill and referral requests handled same day
- Paperwork and documentation filled out by physician with no additional charges
- Detailed reports and information forwarded to consultants prior to your visit with the consultant, assistance with scheduling and discussion of consultation and procedure reports
- Review of hospitalizations and clinical implications
- Assistance with appointments for sub-specialists and testing, as medically necessary
- Travel clinic: one visit per person, per year – with comprehensive infectious disease information and State Department alerts (Vaccines not included)
- Free Nutritional Counseling
- Free Fitness Assessment, plus two complimentary 30 minute training sessions (with the purchase of a fitness package)
- 50% Discount on Ideal Protein Coaching ($150 value)
For more information regarding the physicians and their concierge care program, please visit their website at https://restonmedical.com/ or call (877) 997-2724 to receive additional information or to enroll in their concierge primary care program.
A limited number of memberships are available in their concierge healthcare program on a first-come, first-served basis.
“ I have been going to Doctor Parry for about 25 years. When you make an appointment, his staff makes every effort to have you seen ASAP. He asks questions and spends a great deal of time with his patients. I have sent him many friends and my family. Everyone has appreciated my recommendation. His staff is excellent as well. ” “ I have been going to Doctor Parry for about 25 years. When you make an appointment, his staff makes every effort to have you seen ASAP. He asks questions and spends a great deal of time with his patients. I have sent him many friends and my family. Everyone has appreciated my recommendation. His staff is excellent as well. ”
– Bob K.
“I have lived in Northern VA for more than 45 years. I have had several doctors in this time frame. Dr. Cholmondeley is the very best doctor I have had. Her warm smiles dissolve your concerns immediately. She is great at listening to problems, no matter how small or large, and helps you figure out what needs to be worked on. She is a superior doctor.”
– Mary J.